Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Finding Your Passion//


Disclaimer: This is not a how-to post. I have not found my passion so I am not capable of instructing others to do so. This is simply an honest account of my journey in finding my passion that I think is pretty relate able and I hope you agree.

To me, Passion is just one of things that you can never seem to find when you want to. Like your keys, your phone, your favorite lip gloss, or that one sock that never has it's partner. It is just elusive and never handy when you want it. Like when it's Monday morning and your alarm is going off and going to that job is just the last thing you want to do. That is the moment when having found your passion would be great. You could roll out of bed, walk into your bosses office and say "I have found something that makes me feel alive and it simply is not here, good day!" 

Or when you see a friend on Facebook announce that they got their dream job and they're moving to NYC, Hawaii, or some other amazing place. Then knowing that, that's great for them but you, you are happy and passionate about staying right where you are because you have found your passion.

I day dream about those moments. I really do.  Don't get me wrong I love my husband and our life here but I just don't have anything that makes me say "YES that is what I want to do forever and ever Amen" I know when I have kids I will feel differently. I suppose I hope I will is more accurate. But what about right now??

These are the 5 things I have found helpful whilst looking for my passion and maybe you will find them helpful, or maybe this will be a list of 5 things that are NOT helpful. Either way, I only hope to help you.

1)Pray about it. Ask God, because He actually knows what it is.

2)Dedicate time to spend time with Jesus everyday. As stated above Jesus knows what your passion is. Spending time with Him can only increase your chances of Him guiding you there.

3)Think about how you spend your free time. Pretend you have 2 full days to do whatever you want. Your house is clean, you are fully rested, you don't have homework. What do you do? If it were me, I would go see my family, have dessert,  take a yoga class, and go on a boat ride.

4)So after you've had a great 2 days of doing whatever you want - you still gotta figure out what your passion is. But hopefully you're in a good mood. 

5) BEEP BEEP BEEP <--- That's your alarm going off at 4:30 in the morning. BUT it's ok because you are waking up this early to______________.

Fill in that blank. That might be something you are passionate about.

I told you this wasn't a how-to guide at the beginning. I am just here to help you brain storm. I don't know what my passion is either. 

Let me know if you have any tips and maybe next time we can actually find our passions!


Love the Here and Now
Faith and Fellowship Blog Hop

19 comments:

  1. I love #5 waking up early to do____ I'm not sure If I have anything like that yet!
    Melanie @ meandmr.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. me either! I hate, hate, hate waking up early. maybe if I was going on a fancy trip and I had an early flight?

      Delete
  2. I've been thinking about this a lot lately! Some people are so passionate and successful and I'm.... not :) Still figuring it out :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha I know those darn people all successful and passionate! one day we will figure it out!!

      Delete
  3. absolutely love this. and I love that there's no pre-tense of like "I quit my day job so I could do what my passion is, so for those of you reading this at your office trying to get the courage to tackle your voicemails, here's what you should do...." it's honest and real and so true.

    my pastor once said that where your strengths and your community's needs come together is your niche. it won't use ALL of your strengths and it won't meet ALL of the needs but it's a good starting place.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh gosh, you're very kind! Thank you!
      I looove what your pastor said, he sounds like a wise man! I gotta figure out where my niche is, that is a great starting point, Thank you!

      Delete
  4. this is such a great post. I know I'm passionate about my kids and husband, but I haven't found MY thing yet, so I'm right there with you. Lots of prayer- I'm telling ya! PS: why does 5 AM have to come so early??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh thank you! I wonder if when I have kids I will be fulfilled and not wonder constantly about my passion? I do think God wants me to find my thing. Something I can praise Him though..I'll let you know if I find it and you let me know if you find yours! seriously 5AM is the WORST

      Delete
  5. Love how you give ideas on how to find your passion....how would you spend 2 days and the alarm going off early. Two great ways to help you ficus. I'm still searching for my passion which I am ok with...along the way I keep finding more things I love. Perhaps I'm not meant for one passion but several? Who knows but I am enjoying the ride! Thanks for linking up and thanks for the wonderful insight!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I think it is very possible we are meant for more than 1 passion! I am glad you are enjoying the ride and I hope we can both find our passions.

      Delete
  6. Good post! We are doing a passion series right now at our small group - seems like you could come share too!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Caroline! I would love to come share haha...if only we were closer ;) haha I'm glad you liked it!

      Delete
  7. love, Love, LOVE this Mary-Keith! I'm still at the point where I don't know what I'm passionate about but I know that it's not up to me! I do pray about it but I don't spend as much time with Him as I would like so I'm working on that now. I can't wait to see what He stirs up in me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh I am so glad you liked it, Sarah! I am trying to be ok with the fact that I just don't know what it is just! I know praying about it is the BEST way to figure it out, though! I will be praying for you, too! I can't wait to keep with yo blog and find out what He stirs up in you! xoxo!

      Delete
  8. I love it. This is one of the most realistic passion finding tutorials. The fact that you are willing to admit that you don't know all the answers is awesome. As a blogging community, we can all work on this together.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I am glad people can relate to the fact that I just don't have it figured out and I hope we all can all figure it out! :) Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  9. This is a great post! I thought I knew what my passion was, but lately I've been questioning it a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you! It really is so hard to figure out what your passion is! It seems like it would be easy and obvious, but it really isnt!

    ReplyDelete

I want to hear from you! I try to answer every comment and I read each one, they mean so much to me!