Thursday, October 23, 2014

Community//Romans 12:3-12

Picture
Hello Fall is HERE in Michigan and I whipped out my favorite scarf my husband gave me when we had just started dating. It's just the coziest.  Well let's just jump right in, shall we?

A few weeks ago at our church our pastor preached about Community.
The text he used was Romans 12:3-12

Here are 2 points that really stuck out to me and I hope they encourage you, too.

[ONE]
3 For by the grace given to me I say to everyone among you not to think of himself more highly than he ought to think, but to think with sober judgment, each according to the measure of faith that God has assigned. 4 For as in one body we have many members,and the members do not all have the same function, 5 so we, though many, are one body in Christ, and individually members one of another. 6 Having gifts that differ according to the grace given to us, let us use them: if prophecy, in proportion to our faith; 7 if service, in our serving; the one who teaches, in his teaching; 8 the one who exhorts, in his exhortation; the one who contributes, in generosity; the one who leads, with zeal; the one who does acts of mercy, with cheerfulness.

If I am going to honest with you I often feel like I have nothing to bring to the table. I am not that good at anything. But then God tells me that I am wrong we ALL have God-given gifts I just need to pray about it. &// believe there is something I haveworth giving others.
Picture
[TWO]
9 Let love be genuine. Abhor what is evil; hold fast to what is good. 10 Love one another with brotherly affection. Outdo one another in showing honor. 11 Do not be slothful in zeal, be fervent in spirit,[g] serve the Lord. 12 Rejoice in hope, be patient in tribulation, be constant in prayer. 13 Contribute to the needs of the saints and seek to show hospitality.


Contribute to the needs of the saints [Believers]. Often I think of physical needs: food, clothing, shelter, etc. but what about needs like: a listening ear, a hug, a safe place to go when life is falling apart, a laugh, a shoulder to cry on. Those are needs people have that are often overlooked. But when we have genuine love for one another those needs are met. How awesome is the body of Christ? We're all so different, so unique, but we all have so much to offer. 
I pray that God shows each of you your gift, how to use it, and that you find a community to feel refreshed, safe, and loved. Because you are loved.

What are some truths speaking to you today? Tell me about it, I would love to hear.

*This is another repost from my Weebly blog

8 comments:

  1. I really like that scarf too! So cute!
    Melanie @ meandmr.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY for disqus! :D It works, my dear. congrats! I REALLY love that scarf.
    I think everyone has something worth giving. you just need to sit and pray to try and find it. You're so great

    ReplyDelete
  3. who me?? you're the super awesome one haha! But yes we just gotta figure. it. out! haha xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think we all are the worst at seeing our own gifts... ask around - I'm sure someone can tell you exactly where you strive at :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. thank you!!! i looove it! he got it on a cruise of all places

    ReplyDelete
  6. that's a great idea! haha I wish we all could easily see how awesome we are!

    ReplyDelete

I want to hear from you! I try to answer every comment and I read each one, they mean so much to me!