Monday, January 5, 2015

Why I am giving up on canceling my Victoria's Secret Catalog


Happy Monday! Welcome to life post-holidays! 

It is hitting me so much harder today than it normally does. I am just a giant mess.

I woke up and went to my new job (nannying 5:30-7:30AM) and when I got home I got back into bed until 11! Crap. So my day is off to a slow start.

Then after I ate breakfast I decided today was the day I was going to cancel the Victoria's Secret Catalog. I never ordered it but the person, Kelly, who lived here before me did. Normally I would not care because hey man, free catalog! However I live with my husband and I have started to like, care. 

I mean it really bothers me every week or month, however often it comes, these tiny women in tiny pieces of clothing are just staring there, nipples first, at my husband when he gets the mail. 

This doesn't mean I don't trust my husband or have body issues. That is not the case. I just don't appreciate this unsolicited catalog flaunting itself, uninvited into my home.

My friend Casey told me this would happen when I got married. I would want to wear a 1 piece, and I would be way more aware of scantily clad women around my husband. I told her she was wrong.

Well dang it, Casey you were right! And today I was going to take a stand!!! So I tried calling the number on the back of the catalog 3 times. And every single time the computer lady took my complete silence as some sort of answer and took me to the wrong menu option. 

Then, finally, huzzah! I was in the right menu I triumphantly reached over to the coffee table to grab my catalog to get the customer number and BOOM I knocked over my full cup of coffee.

I give up on the Victoria's Secret War today. You have won this battle, but I will win the war!

I will still buy from your outlet store, because your bras are so comfortable. BUT the only person modeling your merchandise in this house will be ME! 

UPDATE: a friend of mine called and canceled hers no big deal but haven't started that fight again yet.

How's your Monday going???

16 comments:

  1. i so agree! we are attacked by nearly-nude bodies almost everywhere we look! the mail does not need to be one of those places! if there's a way to get rid of it... we should definitely take action. why even let the temptation be there to begin with!

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha - I had to chuckle at this... the battle continues!
    I never even open my catalog - it always goes straight into the trash.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this. I didn't really think about my how my views would change when I got married, but I did. I find myself being really irritated with barely dressed girls at The Wine Loft, when my husband and I have a rare date night. We tend to go out early and get home early, so the people who are out to meet people don't get there until we're leaving, but I hope I never dressed like that when I was going out in DC to "meet people." I would do the same thing, if I were you! I got like 100000 catalogs at the place I lived in DC (meant for the person who lived there before me). It makes me wonder if she knew that the internet existed. And they were catalogs for that immodest clothing that I complain about, so I think (hope) she was young!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OK this is hilarious! I have a love/hate relationship with the VS catalog. I hate that those teeny tiny women are so perfect but I love that it makes me put down the cookie I was about to shove in my mouth and get some exercise! I've attempted to cancel it a couple of times but then I know I will lose my exercise inspiration! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  5. HA! I love this, but yes I totally agree with your decision to cancel. I don't blame you at all.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Totally agree with you!! I became a prude after I got married which was soo weird hahaha!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is too funny. So true, and I love it, but too funny. I hope your Tuesday is a MUCH better day!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. exactly! I am not against Victoria's Secret i like their stuff and the one at my mall is an outlet mall so the posters are just talking about their sales not giant naked women!

    ReplyDelete
  9. it wouldn't be a problem if I got the mail everyday but when Philip gets the mail the cover models are basically naked!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I know, catalogs seem a little out dated! I really did NOT think I would become more conservative when I got married but man, I am so different now! It's weird for me to think about the things I used to think were ok to wear!

    ReplyDelete
  11. haha! Oh yeah it definitely makes me rethink the candy bar I had for a "snack" haha gotta love inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you Lora! if it wasn't just so much work...

    ReplyDelete
  13. I know!!! I can't believe HOW much different my views have become!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thank you Ms. Kent ;) So far today has been a LOT better!! Still not ready to wage war on the catalog yet! ha!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hehe. Sounds like you had a rough day on Monday. (Sorry I'm just now getting to this ;)) But I totally agree about not wanting that catalog in our home. We even change the channel when a VS commercial comes on TV. And I should clarify that it's my husband who changes the channel. He cares about it as much as I do. :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. haha yeah I've had better days for sure! We don;t have live cable so we watch Netflix so there is less temptation there!

    ReplyDelete

I want to hear from you! I try to answer every comment and I read each one, they mean so much to me!