Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Wednesday Thoughts// Community Brew


Picture


Good morning, friend! How are you today? I will be honest, I am a bit weary today. I have been goin' through some tough stuff this week. A family I know got torn apart this weekend. The wife and mother is dead, and the father- well is he in jail awaiting trial. Those are the only details I know. But that is enough for me to fill in the details and just, be sad. 

Another family was torn apart on Monday as their 14 year old son passed away from a self-inflicted gun shot wound. 

All this in my, normally, quiet town.

I don't know what to do for these people, I wish I could help. I wish I could hug each person directly affected and tell them about the Hope we have in Jesus. I want to help find answers for these senseless acts - but I am afraid there are no answers.

Today my post is brief because I just am at a loss for words.

I am linking up with for the Community Brew, and I am hoping to be filled up and encouraged by the posts there, but I know I will. 

12 comments:

  1. Praying for your community RIGHT now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying for you and your community, Mary-Keith. Things like that shake you to your core. Love and hugs being sent your way!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mary-Keith, I am so very sorry to hear all of this. I'll be praying for the families and for your community.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much! They released the names on the news last night. it's all still so surreal and I didn't know them that well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. thoughts and prayers for the families and for you dealing with all of this. Sorry sweetie. :(

    ReplyDelete
  6. Praying for you and your community, Mary-Keith! What a difficult time :(

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for praying. it's definitely been a challenging week

    ReplyDelete
  8. it's so hard to understand so much senseless death. it will never make sense. praying for your community

    ReplyDelete

I want to hear from you! I try to answer every comment and I read each one, they mean so much to me!