Tuesday, September 30, 2014

A Day at the Cider Mill/Yates

Picture
Fall is here. And everyone knows it. And [most] people are super pumped.
Boots, scarves, pumpkins, mums, orange & burlap, flannel, thanksgiving... etc etc. There are a million different reasons to be super excited about this time of year. 


This past weekend I got to check off one of bucket list items and went to the Cider Mill. Yates Cider Mill is one of the most infamous Cider Mills in the Metro Detroit Area and this week the weather was GORGEOUS people were out in droves at good ole Yates.



I haven't been in a few years and I completely forgot just how amazing those little donuts are. I actually don't really like Cider (gives me heart burn), but I love fall activities and I love donuts. 
Picture
We got a half dozen donuts because I only wanted one, which turned into two, which somehow turned into three. Those sweet, soft, warm cinnamon sugar little bug-gars are so darn good.


The bees were out in full force so I was on high alert the whole time.
Picture
Picture
Picture
After we got our eats we went to the park across the street and ate in the shade. The bees were out in full force so I was on high alert the whole time.

Of course the boys played KAN JAM the whole time. typical.

The girls (including little Josie) talked about how scary having babies will be and the ups and downs of being a ministry wife.
Picture
Picture
Picture
Picture
Man I am lucky, my husband is so cute.


Eh hem. 
All in all, despite the bees, it was so much fun. I love those people, we all have so much in common, and it was a gorgeous day to be alive, in Michigan, and at the Cider Mill.



What about you? Have you ever been to a cider mill? Have you checked anything off your fall bucket list yet?
Picture

No comments:

Post a Comment

I want to hear from you! I try to answer every comment and I read each one, they mean so much to me!