Monday, September 29, 2014

My Precious Family Time

Picture
Today's post is going to be short and sweet because my weekend was crazy busy and this is what is most pressing on my heart today.

As you probably know my birthday was last week, and this past weekend I got to celebrate with my family.
My husband made fun of me because I managed to stretch my birthday celebration out an entire week - but that's what birthdays before kids are all about, right?
Anyways-
Friday night I got to snuggle my nephew, eat my favorite meal (Swedish Meatballs). drink yummy coffee & wine, open some gifts, and just be with my family. 
Ever since my dad passed away two years ago I have really craved and valued family time. Part of me regrets not valuing family time before my dad passed away. Part of me feels like I didn't care enough before he got sick.
But I guess I can't listen to that part of me because there isn't a point to that now. The past is in the past and I can only change what I do from here on out.
Picture
As much as I miss my dad and I feel robbed that he is already gone - I have to remember to be thankful for all the time I had with him. All the lessons he taught me, all the memories I have with him.


So I guess my point is, I hope you value your family and/or the people in your life. You never know that tomorrow holds and we are not promised another day on this earth.  

I have been a selfish person most of my life, it is something I still work on daily, but I know that family is important. To me, family comes before most other things. Even Philip and I's little family unit comes before our extended family even though we don't have kids yet. And you bet your bottom dollar that when we do we will fight to protect our family time.

Do you value family time? Even if you are not close with your blood family do you have a friend family that you value?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I want to hear from you! I try to answer every comment and I read each one, they mean so much to me!