Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Thankfulness, Gratefulness, and Other Struggles

Picture
The struggle is REAL today - I only put eyeliner on one eye before leaving the house. Anyway...



I found this Community Brew link up on a blog this morning. you guys- the blogging world is so new to me I learn something new every single day! 



What a wonderful thing, this blogging world!



So here is the deal - I struggle with being thankful & grateful. I would like to consider myself a grateful person but if I am being real, [and why would I not be real on here?] I forget to  say "thank you" A LOT.



So, without further ado, I am going to present a short list of the things I either do, or SHOULD Thank The Lord for every. single. day.



1) My salvation. - I, we, you & me don't deserve God's Grace and forgiveness. Yet His mercies are new every morning and He has made a WAY for us to be forgiven!



2)My husband He is so good to me, he puts up with my ridiculousness, he takes care of me even when my anxiety is out of control, he makes me laugh, makes me feel gorgeous, and works so hard to support our family.
Picture
3)My family - If you read my husband and I's  love story you know that I lost my dad to cancer 2 years ago. As much as I HATE that he is gone, him being gone has taught me to appreciate my family that much more. Now, 2 years out from that TERRIBLE time, I am more grateful for the time I did have with my dad and all the lessons he taught me. And I am grateful for all his quirks I inherited. 
4) my job - Even though I wish I didn't have to work full time, and my job is frustrating - I do work with some great people and The Lord gave me this job that is close to home and allows me to be home every night with my hott hubs.

5)yoga. Friends, listen. I don't know if you have ever done yoga but I encourage you to TRY it!  [side note: I just found out that my yoga teacher is a christian.] Yoga has helped me: tone up, lose weight, sleep better, helped make me more, eh hem, regular, eased my back pain, AND helped my anxiety lessen. 
6)bloggers. yesterday marked 1 week of blogging! I had no idea so many awesome people had so many cute and encouraging blogs. It lead me to this site and I am so SO SO blessed by this Bible reading plan.
7)Michigan - will someone please remind me of this when there is a blizzard in March? Michigan is gorgeous and I wouldn't want to live anywhere else. 


Picture
Picture
I assure you - that's NOT all I have to be thankful for. That but is my top 7.


Why is being grateful and thankful every day so hard? What are some things you are thankful for?
community brew link up

No comments:

Post a Comment

I want to hear from you! I try to answer every comment and I read each one, they mean so much to me!