Monday, December 1, 2014

The Fruit of The Spirit Series: Faithfulness


Keeping the Faith

“Great is Thy faithfulness!” “Great is Thy faithfulness!” Morning by morning new mercies I see; All I have needed Thy hand hath provided— “Great is Thy faithfulness,” Lord, unto me!
Such beautiful words, sung to a beautiful tune. Lyrics that speak truth and strum at our very heart strings.
Faithfulness is a bit of a roller coaster. As humans we are not perfect by any stretch of the imagination. But glory be to God that he never gives up on us. His faith for us is perfect and unfailing.
Lamentations 3:22-23 The steadfast love of the LORD never ceases; his mercies never come to an end; they are new every morning; great is your faithfulness.
There have been times in my life when I have stood at the foot of a mountain to big for me to climb on my own. I have questioned and fought against everything that came my way. When I was in middle school my family went through a really rough time. I was going through confirmation classes at my church and I could not convince myself that it was in my best interest to be learning about a God that I thought had forgotten me and my family in one of our darkest times. I was so lost and angry. Then it came time for me to travel on a mission trip to Washington D.C. with my confirmation class to work with those in need. Again I in no way shape or form wanted to go. I was not in the mood to help people in the name of Jesus Christ when he did not care about me. But to make a long story short, we were helping to cook and serve breakfast to the homeless at a local church. In the mist of my state of unbelief a lovely older homeless lady approached me. She said. " Sweetheart I just wanted to let you know that God wanted me to tell you that your brother and your mother are going to be okay. Keep the faith." Well I immediately burst into tears. God allowed this beautiful child of his to enter just went I was about to lose all faith in him. But as always God took me by the hand and showed me that his love never fails. That he is always faithful to a fault. And that even though I had given up on him, he never gave up on me.
Psalms 91:4 He will cover you with his pinions, and under his wings you will find refuge; his faithfulness is a shield and buckler.
So when the mountain looms or when the road gets bumpy remember God allows U-turns! Allow him to take you by the hand and let him show you the true meaning of faithfulness.
May God bless you and keep you, may his face shine down upon you and give you peace. Now and forever more. Amen!
Signature

A special thanks to Mary-Keith for allowing me to be a part of this beautiful series. May they continue to bless you as we enter this advent season. Keep the faith as we wait for the most glorious gift given, Jesus Christ.


5 comments:

  1. I am so thankful for those U-turns... Praise Him!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the verse from Lamatations. It was my anchor when my husband was out of work a few years ago. It still is my anchor.

    ReplyDelete
  3. it is such a great verse! Thank you so much for stopping by, Ladonna!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love when He shows up in the most unlikely places and reminds us How much He loves us and how faithful He is to us!

    ReplyDelete

I want to hear from you! I try to answer every comment and I read each one, they mean so much to me!