Today is Day 15 of the 21 Day Fix! So far we have done pretty well! We have survived! Day 2 I had a killer detox headache! It was probably the worst headache I remember having. I tried to take a nap and get rid of the pain but the pain was so great that I couldn't take a nap.
Here are EIGHT things I have learned from my first 2 weeks of the 21 Day Fix.
1) I hate Cardio. I can handle the weights, the yoga, the Pilates, but the cardio- makes want to yell mean words at my TV.
2) Detoxing makes me cranky. Sorry, Philip.
3) I love ice cream. Ok, I already knew this but here we are day 15 and it remains true. The very day this has ended Philip and I are going to get FRO YO!
4) 1 Fruit Serving is 1/2 of a banana NOT a whole nana. Turns out I was having way too much fruit there for a while.
5) I hate spinach in my eggs. It was Day 1 Meal 1. I had just turned off the first workout DVD half way through because I was doing it on an empty stomach. I made eggs with some peppers, onions, and spinach. I gagged. If I am going to have veggies for breakfast it's gotta be pulverized in a smoothie.
6) Eating healthy isn't really that bad. Sure it is expensive. Sure whole wheat bread is not even 1/2 as satisfying as an everything bagel covered in cream cheese. But it is do-able.
7) Autumn Calabrese tells me I can do anything for 60 seconds. Autumn Calabrese is a liar.
8)Variety is key. The first week we had A LOT of chicken. I mean, I basically grew feathers. Week 2 we added some more turkey options and it was better. For the last week I am going to look up a few more recipes to throw into the mix.
After the 21 Day Fix I am going to post Philip and I's before and after pictures and our overall experience. I hope we can stay just as strong the last week.
Do you eat healthy? How do you do it? What is your favorite type of workout?