Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Yes, Sir.


You could call it please pleasing. You could call it not having a back bone. I like to think of it as being agreeable. However you slice it or dice it, I am a "yes" person. I don't like disappointing people. I do not like letting people down. I prefer to just make everyone happy.

No matter what kind of a fancy pants spin you put on it - it is not a good trait to have.
 Allow me to explain a bit. 
I want people to like me. I want people to be happy. I do not want people to fight. I do not want people to be mad at me. So I go to all kinds of lengths to avoid that. I will figure out a way to make their request happen no matter what. Even if that means lying. In fact, sometimes, when a situation pops up the lies to make the situation better flow outta me before I have a chance to stop them.

For example, I arrive to a friend's house and they assumed I was going to bring something. Even if they didn't communicate this to me I instantly start to say "oh no I completely forgot!" What? Why? I didn't forget. I just don't want them to feel bad.

Example number 2, someone asks me to help them do X activity. But I really do not want to. But I do it anyway. I help them, I go there, I do this, I change my plans. Why? Why? Am I such a people pleaser?

BECAUSE I AM A GIANT WUSS!
This is the long and the short of it, my friend. I am afraid to speak up. I am afraid. This fear turns me into a CRAZY PERSON!



So, I guess that's it! This is a confessional of sorts. They say admitting it is the first step. What about you? Are you a People Pleaser? 
PS this is an old picture but I thin kin' about bangs again. Thoughts? 


The Walker Fireside Chats

11 comments:

  1. I used to be a lot like this. I'm not sure when exactly it changed, but I realized at some point that I was making myself too crazy trying to please everyone. I think finding a happy medium is key. Becca at Becoming Adorrable said it best here: http://becomingadorrable.com/2014/08/25/wont-say-yes/ I think. :) I hope you can find a happy medium and don't make yourself go crazy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am such a people pleaser... it has its good sides & bad sides...
    You need to read Lysa TerKuerst book "The Best Yes" ... I'm learning from it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my me too! I always complain about this. I hate that I always say yes to plans I never want to do. I'm getting better but it's still so hard.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha I do the same thing! I'm trying to getting better at just saying no. lol
    Melanie @ meandmr.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh great post! Thanks for sharing! I am working on it and as I get older I find it easier to say NO

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh that sounds great! Thanks for the suggestion!

    ReplyDelete
  7. why is it SO hard??? I seriously wish it wasn't that hard! But it is!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I wish it wasn't so hard! hopefully over time we will get better at it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your honesty! And...it's ok to say NO! Try it sometime, it's actually quite freeing. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you, Amy! I am certainly trying my best! :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I hate saying no too, but sometimes being a little bit selfish is 100% worth it! I mean, we all have to do what's going to make us the happiest so we can be happy, functional human beings, and I want to live without regret too, and sometimes that means putting myself first. Try it in little steps for a while and see how you do!

    ReplyDelete

I want to hear from you! I try to answer every comment and I read each one, they mean so much to me!