Monday, December 28, 2015

An Update of Sorts.

Well it is no secret I haven't been on this ole blog recently. I was really excited to be an active blogger again once I got pregnant. Well, that didn't happen. Being pregnant is exhausting. But here we go, yet again. I am going to be trying again to be active here. 

So I am going to update everyone on what has happened since my last post.

After my last post we had a normal monthly midwife check up. Since I popped pretty early everyone has been asking me if we are having twins. So I decided to set the record straight and ask my midwife once and for all. She checked my uterus size and her smile faded. She grabbed the doppler and listened around my stomach. She heard a distinct heartbeat on both the right and left side of my uterus. 

Obviously, like a normal person, I freaked out. The earliest we could get into an ultrasound was TWO WEEKS later! Well, that wasn't going to happen. So we found a place in our town that does ultrasound - for entertainment purposes only - and we got in 4 long hours later.

and the verdict was in: THERE'S ONLY ONE BABY! Praise the Good Lord!


 The very, very next day after we told our family the good news about the gender of our baby, we got the worst news of our lives. My precious, perfect, 18 month old nephew suddenly passed away. I think the main reason why I haven't updated this blog is because I just don't know what to say. I don't want to hash out every detail of those days for the world to see, but I can't just go on without acknowledging Tommy. I remember the day he was born I said "this is the best day of my life!" Philip reminded me that our wedding day was the best day of my life, but that day will always be in the top 5.
The long and the short of it is, Tommy had Williams Syndrome and on November 5th, 2015 he went to heaven to be with Jesus and his grandpa. Tommy forever changed me, and everyone who ever met him. He shined pure joy and brightened everyone's day. His favorite word was "hi" and he said it to EVERYONE he met. Tommy didn't know any strangers, just friends he hadn't met yet. I love that little boy, he made me an aunt, and he made me a better person.
When we told our family we were pregnant we got to up Up North to our family cottage and spend an amazing weekend together. I will always cherish that weekend, not only because we told our family about our baby but because I got SO many snuggles, Hi's, hugs, laughs, and memories with Tommy.

















 




As much as my heartaches and I can't imagine what my life could possibly look like from here on out - I am so grateful that our precious baby is on the way. Philip and I are so excited about the future, and we are just honored and blown away that our baby has the same due date that Tommy had. And so, I will move on with this blog post as I move on each day, looking forward to the future but so glad for the memories. 

At our ultrasound we found out the gender of our baby - and we found out we are having a GIRL!! I could have bet money that we were having a boy. But the tech said "it's a little girl" my mouth dropped open, and I was speechless. "I was terrible to my mother as a teenager"  were the first words out of my mouth. Then I cried.  ha. 

I couldn't be happier about having a girl now! Our poor bank account has already seen the affects of having a girl. 
 Well, I think I am going to end this post here. Crazy news, devastating news, and good news. It's been a whirlwind but I am back on the blog - as much as I can help it!




No comments:

Post a Comment

I want to hear from you! I try to answer every comment and I read each one, they mean so much to me!